At Children’s Happy Day School we periodically offer career opportunities in Early Childhood Education. We are always looking for highly experienced teachers who have a warm place in their heart to nurture the minds of young ones.
Preschool Director – Job Description
Children’s Happy Day School, an independent, NAEYC Accredited Preschool located in West Roxbury, Massachusetts is searching for a warm, creative, and experienced early childhood leader to serve as the program’s Full Time Director. Children’s Happy Day School is a vibrant program of 4 classrooms serving toddlers and preschoolers between the ages of 2.2 and 6 years. Happy Day, established in Brookline Village in 1987, has been nurturing the minds and spirits of children in the Greater Boston area for over 30 years. Happy Day’s mission is rooted in teaching children through nature, the outdoors, art and yoga and boasts a strong, loyal parent community. This full time, full year position begins in June 2019.
Interested candidates should have strong leadership, organizational and crisis-management skills as well as excellent oral and written communication skills and have the ability to multi-task and manage multiple situations effectively.
The ideal candidate will possess a M.A. or B.A. in child development or a related field, a solid background in early care and education, and be an experienced leader in the ECE field. An emphasis on teaching children through the use of nature and yoga is a plus. An EEC Director I or II Certification is necessary.
Core responsibilities include:
- Supervise 10 teaching staff along with the Assistant Director and Administrative and Office Coordinators and collaborate with the Founder/Director;
- Oversee all phases of daily operations including monthly billing and collection;
- Physically able to use a computer with basic proficiency, lift a minimum of 40 pounds, and work indoors or outdoors. Must be able to assume postures in low levels to allow physical and visual contact with children see and hear well enough to keep children safe, and engage in physical activity with children;
- Well-versed in NAEYC accreditation and licensing standards;
- Be mindful of and coordinate the maintenance and safety of the school environment.
Staff-based responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct performance reviews; assist teachers and staff in setting professional goals and recommend professional development;
- Coordinate payroll, contracts and schedules for the teachers;
- Maintain complete employee files and ensure professional compliance with Department of Early Education and Care;
- Conduct a monthly staff meeting;
- Oversee and coordinate in-house and outside professional development activities
- Grow the team by hiring, training, supervising and inspiring a team of passionate, committed teachers.
School-based responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Inspire each child’s potential through innovative, developmentally-appropriate curriculum, inclusive environment and strong family partnerships;
- Partner with families to provide the best care and education for their children;
- Manage enrollment, including conducting tours, attending and scheduling Open Houses, and recommending outreach opportunities;
- Schedule and coordinate and attend special CHDS school events;
- Coordinate and meet with parent liaisons on a regular basis;
- Maintain student files;
- Be an active part of the classroom.
And finally, candidates should have a love for children and a strong desire to make a difference every day.
Children’s Happy Day School offers an excellent salary and benefits package and a supportive work environment.
Please respond immediately by sending your resume and cover letter to: Jessica Conley, Children’s Happy Day School, 5 Charles Park Road, West Roxbury, MA 02132. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 617-325-0606.
- EEC Director I or II Certification Required
- Bachelor degree or Masters Degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field preferred
- United States citizenship, residency OR WORK VISA required
- Applicants must have a high school diploma and complete a Background Record Check and Fingerprinting
Please send a resume and cover letter to Jessica Conley at email@example.com
If you would like to apply for a position at Children’s Happy Day School please complete the resume & cover letter form on this page. Please include the position you would like to be considered for in the comments section.
Thank You for Your Interest in CHDS.