|Toddler/Preschool Age||2 years – 3 years|
|Program Days||2-days, 3-days, 4-days, 5-days|
|Toddler/Preschool Hours||Full Day: 7:30 am – 5:30 pm|
Half Day: 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
Toddler/Preschool 1 (P1) Classroom
“I Can Do It All By Myself!”
CHDS Toddler/Preschool 1 is a time of exploration and discovery, as children and families build a trusting relationship with Children’s Happy Day School. Open communication and a loving and nurturing environment are our main goals in Toddler/Preschool 1, as parents and children experience a new school setting for the first time. Teachers guide parents through the transition to preschool as children work on toilet training, napping at school, and being more independent. Teachers update parents on daily events in individual communication notebooks during the first few months. The classroom and curriculum promote social, emotional, and cognitive development through individual, small, and whole group activities. Children learn self- help skills and independence as they engage in a classroom designed specifically for them. Through dramatic play, blocks, discovery, sensory activities, art, music, movement and more children begin to develop the skills and self-confidence of a preschooler. At the end of Toddler/Preschool 1, they feel that “I can do it all by myself!”
Following are sample activities from Toddler/Preschool 1’s Bird Unit curriculum:
- Literacy: Children will bring in items that begin with the letter B for the sharing bag.
- Math: How many eggs are in your bird’s nest? Creating and counting eggs.
- Science: Building our own bird’s nest with items we found on our nature walk and observing birds at our bird feeder using binoculars.
- Drama: How do we care for animals and other creatures in our veterinary office?
- Multicultural: What kinds of birds do we find all over the world? How do we say “bird” in the many languages of Toddler/Preschool 1?